Enterprise has not received much attention in the collection. The NX-01 itself appeared early on in issue 4, but only now in issue 24 is the second model from the series. This is one big model, much larger than any other in the collection aside from the specials.
The main hull is made of two metal pieces inset with transparent turquoise inserts. At the back is a complicated arrangement of pointed shards. The bottom hull has two jagged arms that sweep out longer than the hull itself, whilst the upper hull has one. The arms are hollow plastic so they feel very light and flimsy, though they remained intact when I dropped it on the floor unboxing.
I like the colour scheme – brushed silver hull plating with brilliant turquoise and white decals, and the organic design is quite unique to Star Trek. To my memory only the Species 8472 ship has a similar concept.
This is a well made model. I’m hoping to see more Xindi ships in the collection, but I doubt they’ll make it in.
- Detailing: 4/5 (so many pieces, but some blank areas)
- Construction: 5/5 (no obvious joins and sturdy despite being mostly plastic)
- Faithfulness: 5/5 (looks just like it does on the telly)
- Ship design: 3/5 (could be sleeker)
- Overall: 4/5 (impressive due to its size and complexity)